Salvia Officinalis or sage is easy to grow in a condo-farm hydroponic system. Growing it can supply the daily use of Salvia Officinalis to the family.
The reported impacts on the body are:
- Lower stress and anxiety.
- Improve the energy and mood (antidepressant).
- Can participate in insomnia treatment.
- Reduces gas and help Constipation.
- Treat a cough, Phlegm, and a runny nose.
- Sage has the ability to relief seizures and gains hormonal balance, so it can help reduce menstrual pain.
- Dries milk production. Does not recommend to women breast-feeding.
- Can reduce Sugar level in the blood.
- Can reduce high blood pressure, by healing peripheral vascular.
- Gargling Salvia Officinalis can cure some mouth wounds like inflammation of the gums, Stomatitis, Glossitis, Uvulitis, Pharyngitis.
- Contains Thujone oil that is known to excite the nerve system. In high dose can create seizers.
This herb may help in many health issues and I recommend that every person uses it for a period of time and check how it influences himself. Its influence can change significantly between people. I want to test the impact of this plant as a replacement to Ritalin for ADD treatment. As this plant is stimulating the nerve system, it might be a natural replacement with less side-effect. Cousin plant called “Salvia Fruticosa” does not have the Thujone oil which is known to stimulate the nervous system and as such, it can induce calm mood on the body. For stronger effects, you can extract oil out of this planet. Some YouTube videos demonstrate how it is done. But remember: don’t use more than 5 grams per body kilogram to prevent seizers!
If someone has some experience with it – please send me an Email.
Germination Salvia Officinalis (Sage) seeds
Put the seed in water for about 20 minutes to allow them to absorb water.
In the meantime, prepare the Germination pot. Cut 1.5 litters Coca-Cola bottle in half. Insert the upper half into the lower one. Put some cloth into the bottle to prevent soil from entering the water reservoir. Fill the bottle with potting soil. Pour some water into the potting soil and wait for the water to leak into the bottle. Take the seed from the water and mix them in the upper part of the potting soil.
There is no need to water the pot as long as there is water on the bottling floor. Wait for about a week to allow the seeds to sprout.
Before bedtime, say “good night” to the seedlings.
When the seedlings are grown enough, take them out of the pot; rinse any soil that may have been stuck to the root. Place the seedling in a cup and fill the cup with clay pellet. Put several seedlings in the cup. Place the cup the condo-farm system. Make sure that the condo-farm system gets medium to high sunlight. If not, add 50 Watts growled to illuminate the system.
After a month or two, you can harvest leaves and make a nice cup of Tea out of them.